Spicy chicken wraps recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Chicken sandwiches
Chicken fillet strips coated in a spicy breadcrumbs and wrapped in a warm flour tortilla with salad.
County Donegal, Ireland
26 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 4 wraps
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 slices brown bread
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- To serve
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 handfuls rocket or lettuce
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 handfuls grated mature Cheddar cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:40min
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cut the chicken fillets into even sized strips. You should get about 6 strips per fillet.
- Get three separate shallow bowls, or plates with a ridge at the edge. In one, combine the flour and Cajun spice. In the second beat 1 large egg. In the third put the two slices of bread that have been made into breadcrumbs using a food processor.
- Lay a sheet of baking parchment onto a board or tray.
- Dip each chicken strip first in the flour mix, then in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Lay it on the parchment. (Everything up to this step can be done in advance and then refrigerated for later use.)
- Place a large shallow frying pan on the stove top on high heat. Once heated add a large dash of sunflower oil.
- Place half of the chicken strips in the pan, allowing room to turn them easily. Be ready to turn the strips quickly! The breadcrumb coating can easily burn so turn the strips quickly, browning on all sides.
- Transfer the browned chicken strips to an ovenproof dish and pop in the oven. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Repeat with the second batch of chicken strips, adding more oil if required. (Don't be tempted to skimp on the oil as this prevents the coating from browning. Also keep the heat high, otherwise the breadcrumb coating just absorbs the oil and becomes greasy.)
- Warm 4 flour tortilla deli style wraps in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Using a tablespoon, coat each with mayonnaise, add rocket, tomato slices, red onion, sweet chilli and grated cheese. Add 3 chicken strips per large wrap then fold up and enjoy!
I like to serve these with Cajun spiced wedges.
Use for leftovers
Once cooked and cooled, the chicken strips can be refrigerated and used to make wraps or sandwiches for lunch the next day.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (3)
These were AMAZING!!!! I forgot to put the lettuce in, but they tasted so good, that when i make them again i'll just omit the lettuce altogether. Great recipe, defo a keeper!-28 Aug 2017
Must try that. I've been experimenting with buttermilk- really imprkves these- a d grated lemon zest with salt and pepper for adding to a caesar salad.-07 Feb 2015
I made these wraps and they were lovely, I tweaked the recipe, I mixed the flour with ground pepper,mild chilli powder,mild curry powder,cayenne pepper,paprika,garlic salt and mixed herbs. They came out brill-27 Aug 2014
Spicy chicken wraps for kids
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a small amount of money if a reader clicks through and makes a purchase. All our articles and reviews are written independently by the Netmums editorial team.
Homemade tortilla wraps with spicy chicken filling
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- Difficulty Level Easy
Hot & Spicy Thai Chicken Wrap
These Hot & Spicy Thai Chicken Wraps is the perfect quick dinner or lunch! Filled with a spicy Thai slaw, grilled chicken, pepper jack cheese and drizzled with an addicting Sriracha honey aioli!
Can I tell you how much spring is on my brain?
As in, gimme all da light, refreshing and ‘no need to turn on that stinkin oven’ recipes!
Raise your hand if you love spring and summer recipes for the fact that it’s perfectly acceptable to make dinner around fresh ingredients. Such as my zucchini Caprese salad. Hint Hint…it is on repeat from now until the end of August.
OH. How could I forget! Guess who celebrated his FIRST half birthday yesterday? Oh yes. My little peanut. His little dimples. His deep belly laughs. His love of bath time. His love of scootin’ at the speed of light. And the look in his eyes when he sees his daddy and me. How can you not get butterflies in your stomach when someone gets THAT excited to see you?
I know the hubs loves me…but he just doesn’t get overly excited each time I walk in the room. Oya.
I always heard around 6 months, things change. For the better. Their personalities come out more and more each day. And the days don’t seem quite as long. Maybe because he is sleeping longer? Which means mama gets more sleep. I would be lying to say that the first 4 to 5 months weren’t rough. I mean real rough. Each obstacle we overcame, just proved to me that I didn’t have all that much to worry about. No one can predict how your day will go or your babies unique actions, but you adjust and figure everything out. That is the fun of parenting. You do it your way. Not a way that top selling book tells you, or the way that worked for your girlfriends little one. But that’s the roller coaster of parenting. It’s unique to you. And as for those long days that still occur? There is coffee in the morning to cheer me on and wine in the evening to cheer me up…
Whoa. Didn’t mean to get all mushy on you but that is what happens here with our virtual friendship.
So these wraps? Say hello to my favorite quick dinner since having Aiden. During those early months, post baby, I had planned to make a delicious dinner, but too often it was thrown out the window. We resorted to a restaurant down the street that has some killer, fresh eats. This wrap being one of them. My hubs obsession with their mahi mahi tacos is a bit extreme. Mmmm.
Back to these Spicy Thai Chicken Wraps. They are spicy. A bit sweet. Stupid easy and perfect for those nights that you want dinner on the table in no time. If you want to make these even quicker, bake the chicken ahead of time, store in the fridge then you are set when the dinner bell rings!
The sauce is what makes these wraps. So don’t skip it. On second thoughts. Double it. Because everybodyyyyy will be asking for more! It is a simple mixture of light mayo, sriracha, honey and lime. I slather it on just about everything now so a double batch is always required. It holds so well in the fridge! A tip? Try it on your egg sammies for a powerful punch to your morning!
Lastly, the slaw! With its crunchiness and freshness, it provides the ideal balance to the sweet and spicy flavors going on. Again, slice up the veggies ahead of time, then dress right before serving.
With juicy chicken. Sweet, highly addictive, spicy sauce and the crunchiest slaw….these wraps have it goin onnnnnnn.
Tools I used to make this recipe:
These Hot & Spicy Thai Chicken Wraps is the perfect quick dinner or lunch! Filled with a spicy thai slaw, grilled chicken, pepper jack cheese and drizzled with an addicting Sriracha honey aioli!
- 1/2 pound lean chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 whole wheat wraps (or gluten free wraps, if needed)
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 heaping cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 heaping cup chopped cilantro (leaves and stems)
- Honey Sriracha Aioli:
- 1/4 cup light organic mayo
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 11/2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Quarter of 1 lime
- Chicken: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place chicken in prepared baking dish.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove chicken from oven and set aside and keep warm.
- Slaw: Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, onions, red pepper and cilantro.
- Honey Srirachi Aioli: In a small mixing bowl, combine the mag, honey, sriracha, garlic powder, salt, white pepper and juice of lime. Mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of the aioli to the slaw and mix well.
- When chicken is done cooking, divide the cheese between the 2 whole wheat wraps. Top with chicken, slaw then fold wrap around mixture to close.
- Serve immediately with remaining aioli to dip.
*You may need to drain the slaw before adding to the wrap as it may make it soggy.
Looking for more spicy dishes?
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #WITHSALTANDWIT. I’d love to see what you are cooking up in your kitchen!
Reviews ( 42 )
Made this for lunch today and absolutely loved it. After reading reviews, here is what I did in order to make enough for 4 lunches (2 days for 2 adults). I must also say, my husband and I are doing low-carb right now, so I wanted to keep this induction (Phase 1) friendly, which is why I cut out the sugar so much. We didn't miss it, but we also really like spicy food!
First, I ground 3 chicken breasts and 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs myself to ensure our meat mixture was fatty enough and wouldn't become dry like some others said (measured it out to 2lbs and froze the rest). I used 2 red bell peppers to add some veggies, and I also only used 1 packet of Stevia/Monk Fruit sweetener instead of the brown sugar. Next, I tripled the sauce ingredients (adding even a bit more soy sauce at the end of cooking to keep the mixture moist), and to the sauce I added 2 knobs (about 1/2 inch each) of ginger grated with a microplane. When we made the wraps, we added some Harissa paste on top (I know it's Morcoccan not Thai), and it really made the flavor of the wraps pop.
I entered this into My Fitness Pal as I made it and it came to 470 calories (for 1/4 of the meat mixture and 4 Bibb lettuce leaves) and 10g carbs.
Spicy Coconut Chicken Wraps
These simple and flavorful chicken wraps can be made with poached chicken or a rotisserie chicken. Fast dinner or lunch!
1) Poach chicken in lightly salted water in steaming water until it’s just cooked through. Then cool chicken and shred into chunks. Alternatively (and faster) you can use a rotisserie chicken!
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, curry paste, sriracha, and soy sauce. Stir in shredded chicken and let sit while you prep the other ingredients.
3) To make a wrap, add a handful of chopped lettuce to a wrap. Top with chicken mixture (drain off most of the liquid). Then top with other crunchy veggies and an extra drizzle of sriracha if you want it spicier.
4) Roll wrap tightly and slice in half for serving or wrap in foil for easy transporting!
Store wraps in the fridge until you serve them.
P.F. Chang’s Spicy Chicken (Copycat)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
P.F. Chang’s Spicy Chicken is the perfect copycat dinner. It’s tangy, spicy, and slightly sweet with pineapple juice, chili sauce, green onions, and vinegar.
There’s nothing like finding Copycat Recipes for your favorite takeout dishes, and this Spicy Chicken dish fits the bill perfectly! For the full P.F. Chang’s experience, make other copycat recipes as sides like P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps and P.F. Chang’s Garlic Noodles.
P.F. CHANG’S SPICY CHICKEN (COPYCAT)
This simple, spicy chicken recipe is sure to become a go-to in your house for weeknight dinners. It’s easy to toss together and takes under 30 minutes to make. Make some stir-fried veggies and Chinese Steamed Rice to go on the side, and you’ll have a dish worthy of any Chinese Restaurant from the comfort of your own table.
When it comes to this simple chicken recipe, the sauce truly makes the dish. There’s nothing like its lightly spicy taste with sweet and tangy undertones from the pineapple juice. In fact, you may want to whip up some extra sauce just to drizzle over your rice and other sides. Trust me you’ll want it on everything.
Since the sauce is thickened with cornstarch, instead of flour, this chicken recipe is also amazingly gluten-free. So, it should be an excellent fit to serve a variety of diets.
This recipe for Spicy Chicken Breasts isn’t too spicy, but you can always adjust the level of spice depending on your taste. If you prefer a more mild spicy chicken, decrease the amount of chili sauce in the ingredients. On the other hand, if you can’t get enough spice, you can always take it up a couple of notches, and add in some red pepper flakes. Or to make sure the dish is enjoyable to everyone, you can prepare the chicken breast to be fairly mild on the spice, but have extra chili sauce on the side for anyone who wants to set their mouth on fire.
MORE CHINESE COPYCAT RECIPES
Panda Express Orange Chicken (Copycat)
Panda Express Beef and Broccoli (Copycat)
Panda Express Honey Sesame Chicken Breast (Copycat)
P.F. Chang’s Orange Peel Chicken (Copycat)
EASY TO MAKE SPICY CHICKEN
It’s the perfect recipe for the next time your craving Chinese food and in a hurry! You can skip the restaurant and still get classic Chinese cuisine. Throwing this recipe together might be even easier than ordering Chinese food!
All you have to do is prepare the spicy sauce in a saucepan. Once you’ve finished that, heat oil in a wok or large pan and cook the chicken on high heat in the oil, cook the chicken to golden brown perfection then toss it in the sauce before serving. The sautéed chicken comes out tender, juicy, and slightly crispy on the outside every time.
Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Spicy Chicken Philly wrap
Spicy Chicken Philly wrap. A flour tortilla is filled with sweet, spicy chicken simmered in salsa, and rolled with a cucumber, honey, and pepper mayonnaise. All Reviews for Simple Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wraps. Learn how to make Spicy Chicken Wraps Recipe.
It was so simple but so delicious: Buffalo chicken wraps with bleu cheese dressing, romaine lettuce, and. Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps with Grapes and Pecans. Chicken salad all grown up looks gooood.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, spicy chicken philly wrap. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spicy Chicken Philly wrap is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Spicy Chicken Philly wrap is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
A flour tortilla is filled with sweet, spicy chicken simmered in salsa, and rolled with a cucumber, honey, and pepper mayonnaise. All Reviews for Simple Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wraps. Learn how to make Spicy Chicken Wraps Recipe.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have spicy chicken philly wrap using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Chicken Philly wrap:
- Make ready 1 lb of chicken breasts.
- Get 1 packages of flour tortillas.
- Take 1 packages of provolone cheese.
- Make ready 1 of lettuce.
- Make ready 1 of onion.
- Take 1 of seasoned salt.
- Take 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of mayo.
- Take 1 of jalapeno peppers.
Same sandwich you love, brand new form. Get the recipe from Life in the Lofthouse. Squash half an avocado onto each wrap, add the peppers to the pan to warm them through then pile onto the wraps with the chicken, and sprinkle over the coriander. Chicken Wraps Spicy Chicken Wrap Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Sweet And Spicy Chicken Chicken Bacon Barbecued Chicken Chicken Spices Bbq Chicken Fried Chicken.
Instructions to make Spicy Chicken Philly wrap:
- Heat onion in skillet until golden brown than toss chicken in season it with the season salt and pepper. Cut chicken into pieces after about 10 minutes. Once chicken is cut cook it for 10 minutes more than add 2 squirts of Worcestershire sauce. Finally add provolone cheese on top of chicken and broil on high for 5 minutes. Lastly assemble your wrap with chicken,lettuce,jalapeno peppersand mayo fold like a burrito and enjoy..
Spicy Chicken Wraps – The Last Food Blog. Spicy chicken wraps with a lemon, mint yogurt sauce. Spicy Nugget Showdown – Whose Spicy Chicken Nuggets Are the Best? Chick-fil-A Is Testing a New Spicy Chicken Sandwich with Pimento Cheese. Spicy chicken wraps with a lemon, mint yogurt sauce.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food spicy chicken philly wrap recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz. (280 g) ground chicken
- 1/2 cup 6 tablespoons whole roasted cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Pinch of white sesame seeds
- 1-2 heads lettuce (iceberg)
- 1 lb./0.48 kg chicken (ground or cut into thin strips)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped or 1/4 cup purple onion)
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom (fresh chopped)
- 1-2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1-2 red chilies (minced or 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. crushed dried chili or cayenne pepper)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup basil (fresh chopped just before adding
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tbsp. cool water)
- For the Stir-Fry Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce (or hoisin sauce)
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. Golden Mountain Sauce (or 1 extra tbsp. fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice (fresh-squeezed, plus more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Spicy chicken wraps recipe - Recipes
2 fresh very ripe tomatoes, skinned and cubed
Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
¾ cup (180 ml) Ina Paarman’s Smokey Chipotle Marinade & Baste
1 ready cooked chicken, skinned, boned and cut into strips
1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken Spice
6 flour tortillas
1 cup (250 ml) crème fraiche or full fat cream cheese
guacamole (recipe to follow)
½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 cup (250 ml) grated mature cheddar cheese
1 lime, cut into small wedges
Mix all the chicken filling ingredients together and dish into a serving bowl.
Serve the accompaniments on the side in smaller dishes.
Heat the tortillas briefly in a hot, dry frying pan to freshen them up.
Spread crème fraiche all over the tortilla. Spoon the chicken filling into the middle of the tortilla.
Add the guacamole, lettuce and cheese.
Roll up and enjoy together with a squeeze of lime juice!